Short form: Step by step instructions for a Building stairs, Which can be quickly and inexpensively replicated on the job site. You can use the wood later..
- DFH judgements
- Complain against K
- House building costs as eBook
- Wooden houses from Fjorborg
- The cordless screwdriver GSB 18 V-21 offers professional performance thanks to 55 Nm torque
- Entry-level model with replaceable carbon brushes and full metal gearbox for drilling, hammering and screwing
- Flexible use with 13 mm chuck and LED light to illuminate dark work areas
- Professional 18V system; Ultimate performance; Maximum freedom; All our batteries are compatible with existing Bosch Professional tools of the same voltage class
- Scope of delivery Amazon Exclusive: GSB 18V-21, 2×2.0 Ah battery, 40-piece accessory set, charger GAL 18V-40, L-BOXX 136
Build your own staircase
Such a construction staircase can be very helpful, especially in the prefabricated house, when you still have to carry masses of material such as insulation or sheetrock upstairs. On an aluminum ladder it would be tedious and evtl. dangerous, which makes the staircase a must have. Later you can certainly use the wood for other purposes. With us it could become a part of the terrace.
Nevertheless, I wanted to have the costs low and the stability high for the construction stairs, which succeeds not least with available material. Shuttering boards from the floor work well, but square timbers can also be used. All in all, we now have a really stable construction staircase and how you can rebuild it, you can see in the video and article about it.
Cost of the construction stairs 150€ if you buy everything new.
Where to get the right wood?
- If you have boards of 5cm thickness, which have no cracks and are long enough, you can use them for the side panels. Otherwise, it is advisable to go to the building materials store, since there are usually only 3m long planks in the hardware store. You will need for the construction stairs rather 4 or 4,5m. With us the running meter has approx. 4€ cost.
- If you have boards with a thickness of 4cm in the rest of the construction wood, you can also use them. I advise against taking smaller strengths.
- Otherwise, go to the lumber store or hardware store and buy some simple shuttering boards. These are available from about 2,50.
- Squared lumber should be available in the construction lumber and be at least 35x50mm. Better take more or thicker boards. Squared timber is available from 80 cents per running meter.
Width of the construction stairs
We have taken 1m, because we had the space for it and especially insulation wool as well as sheetrock need a lot of space when carrying it. It is so much easier. With 80cm you would also get there. Just look how you get the construction stairs into the stairwell. You can also construct an angled staircase, but I would recommend this only if there is no other way.
Build your own staircase
These should be at least 25cm, better 30cm wide to ensure a high step safety. You can choose the distance between 20 and 25cm. The only important thing is that they always have the same distance and are balanced.
If you take smooth boards, I would roughen them to prevent slipping away, especially when wet. A simple rasp does a good job here.
Strength of the steps
We took 4cm so that with a meter width there is no deflection. Since the price difference with 3cm is very small, I would always go for 4cm. This is also more stable and contributes to the safety of the staircase.
Screwing the building stairs
Here you should not save and especially the squared lumber screwed well. For this purpose there are chipboard screws with partial thread. I took 6x70s for normal screwing and 6×100 for diagonal screwing. Overall, I screwed as followsma0en:
3 screws 6×70 per squared timber and side for fastening to the side panels
2 screws 6×70 per step and side from above
2 screws per side 6×100 through the side panels into the step
2 screws per side 6×100 from diagonally below through the squared lumber into the side pieces
Therefore, you should take thick squared timber or strong boards so that they do not crack. Soft wood is mandatory here.
I have taken a Bosch cordless screwdriver 18V and the Bosch jigsaw 18V. Other brands also go, but I have not found anything that has a better price / performance ratio. Optionally, I would recommend the blue Bosch series or Metabo.
For angles and bevels I got the Metabo crosscut saw and a really good saw blade. The cuts look like planed. Great tool!