The right question today is not "OB?“ but "WHEN?“ we will fall ill with COVID-19. Mrs. Merkel has already said a few days ago that probably 70% of Germans will be infected with the virus in the long run.
The states in Germany are step by step reducing our social life, the stores and restaurants are closed, tourists are sent home. In Bavaria, the curfew has already been "light ordered. Many other countries have already done it a few days ago: Poland, France, India, China. Italy is shutting down the entire industry starting today….
Are Corona measures overkill?
During my research regarding. the Corona virus I have seen the interview of Joe Rogan with the recognized American virologist Michael Osterholm. The interest in the interview under the title "How serious is the Corona virus?“ is gigantic. Since its publication on 10. March 2020, almost 21 million people have already seen it. And what do we learn in the material?
Before we explore this question, let’s introduce Mr. Osterholm. Michael Osterholm is an American public health scientist and expert on biosecurity and infectious diseases. Mr. Osterholm is also director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, as well as a distinguished professor of public health. In 2017, he has already published a book in which he pointed out the danger of a pandemic. In his book he predicted three years ago that the epidemic will have its source in China. This is because it is related to the living situation and habits of the people in the country. In his book "Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs" he also predicts that China will then close its borders and significantly reduce its deliveries of goods abroad. The measures will not stop the epidemic, however, and the virus will still spread to other countries. This, in turn, will lead to a difficult health and economic situation around the world. In the course of the interview you realize that all his prophecies have already come true. Mr. Osterholm wins the confidence of the spectator. He seems to be well versed in the subject matter and knows, What he talks about. And what does he say about the corona virus?
What is dangerous about Corona virus?
The most dangerous thing about the corona virus according to Professor Osterholm are two of its characteristics:
- Corona virus spreads through the air
- The incubation period of the disease COVID-19 is on average 4 days- so very long! The infection with the Corona virus, however, already begins ca. 4 hours after infection.
This means that many have already been infected, but do not know it yet, because the symptoms have not yet appeared. They are already spreading the virus. And they do not have to do much. It is enough that they breathe.
According to current scientific findings, the younger people and children get sick less often. But they can be infected with the Corona virus very quickly. The disease does not break out in them. This means that we do not know that the children and young people are actually sick and that they are a danger to their parents and grandparents. For this reason, one of the first measures ordered is the closure of schools and universities to reduce the asymptomatic spread of the Corona virus.
Furthermore, Mr. Osterholm explains that overweight people and smokers belong to the risk groups.
The scientists have also found that the Corona virus is at least 10 times worse than Influenca. Both when it comes to the course and when it comes to the mortality rates. It is therefore important not to take the virus and COVID-19 disease lightly, but to do everything possible to minimize infection and spread!
Are the masks and gloves useful?
Professor Osterholm believes that masks and gloves do not make more sense. Surgical masks were developed to protect the patient from the spit and bacteria of the medical staff while they speak. However, they can breathe normally through the mask, which does not protect them from the virus.
The gloves reduce the risk of infection according to Dr. Osterholm. Osterholm. Thus, the virus is less transmitted by touching the objects. However, the danger of contracting the disease through breathing still remains.
The scientists have seen it in a German example. As soon as several people are in the same room, the risk of infection is high. In one company there was one person who got infected with the Corona virus. She was in a room with several co-workers. Subsequently, colleagues who were in the room but had no direct personal contact with the infected person also became ill.
However, in December 2020, we can make the initial assessments a little more precise. The medical research of the last 8 months has shown the following:
- There is evidence and observations that wearing the Mouth-nose protection reduced the risk of infection with corona viruses. There are many different studies on wearing a mouth-nose mask. However, they mostly refer to other types of viruses and cannot be directly transmitted for the current pandemic. Within the framework of the Cochrane Austria project of the Danube University Krems, the topic was examined in July 2020. The data collected for the Corona virus indicate that mouth-nose protection limits the transmission of Corona viruses. However, you have to wait for the confirmed evidence.
Until then we use the mouth-nose masks. If you want to sew one yourself – here is the introduction:
- The virus basically does not survive natural UV sun radiation. The restriction refers to the geographical latitude and time of year. In Germany, natural UV radiation in spring, summer and autumn is sufficient to kill almost all viruses on surfaces in a short time. In winter, however, this does not apply to us. In the cold months, the sun’s rays are too weak for this. This was the conclusion of researchers at the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna (Vetmeduni), who published their findings in the journal "Photochemistry and Photobiology" have published. According to this, viruses can remain infectious outdoors in winter for several hours to a whole day. Therefore, in the winter is more caution, regular hand washing or if necessary. Gloves useful.
- It is still right and important to take measures such as social distance, quarantine and staying at home implement. This will hopefully slow down the spread of the disease and relieve the burden on our hospitals and medical professionals.
- Regular airing of the rooms also reduces the risk of infection.
- It continues to be essential to protect one’s to strengthen the immune system!
Profilaxe is the best medicine – also emphasizes Mr. Michael Osterholm
Strengthen the immune system through an alkaline lifestyle
Use your time at home and strengthen your immune system! Take care of your body! Healthy diet and exercise as well as alkaline body care can best support each of us.
70% of the German population may become infected with the Corona virus in the near future. We are now to prepare well for it and change our habits best immediately!
- Start with a healthy alkaline diet at. Eat more fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, etc. If possible, refrain from stimulants such as sweets or alcohol.
- Drink plenty of, best a lot still water. You can even make the water delicious with a squeeze of lemon or a little peppermint leaf.
- Take care of your mental fitness. Don’t watch too much news, relax and try to think positively in spite of all problems!
- With alkaline baths and alkaline body care relieve your body and provide it with important nutrients.
If you have any questions about the alkaline way of life, please feel free to call or e-mail us. We are happy to advise you!