If notes are missing, they may have been accidentally deleted. You may also need to change your settings.
Check account settings
If you are using a third-party account or email service to store your notes (e.g. B. Gmail or Yahoo), check your settings:
- Open "Settings > "Mail, and then tap on "Accounts.
- Tap on the email account you want to check.
- Make sure that "Notes" is activated.
If you have "Notes If you are using multiple email accounts, simply repeat the steps for each of these accounts. If your email account is not listed, add it again.
The "Recently deleted" folder check
If you store your notes in iCloud, look in the "Recently Deleted" folder as follows to:
- Open "Notes, and then tap the back icon until the "Folders" list is displayed is displayed.
- Tap on "Recently deleted, and search for your note.
If you found your note in the "Recently Deleted" folder, it’s not locked or in another folder, you can move it as follows:
- Tap on "Edit" in the notes list.
- Select the note you want to move.
- Tap on "Move, and select the folder you want to move the note to.
If you use a different service for your notes (e.g. B. Gmail or Yahoo), check the Trash folder of the corresponding account in the Mail app. If you delete a note in the Notes app, it is usually kept in the Trash folder in your third party account. If you want to restore a note from this folder, copy it and paste it into a new note in the Notes app.
Find notes using the search function
- Open "Notes, and then tap the back icon until the list of notes is displayed.
- Tap the search bar and enter a word, phrase or title of the note you are looking for.
- Make sure that the "All accounts" option is selected is selected. When searching, all notes in all folders of your accounts (z. B. an email account) is searched.
If the search bar is not visible, you may need to scroll. If you can’t find a note you’re looking for this way, you may have locked it. For locked notes, only the title can be searched, so you may have to check all locked notes to find the note you are looking for.
Search notes manually
If no results are found in the search, you may need to check another folder and scroll down the list:
- Open "Notes, and then tap the back icon until the "Folders" list appears is displayed.
- If you have multiple folders, tap on another folder to see if your note is in it.
If you still can’t find the note, you may be looking for a word, phrase, or title that isn’t in the note that way.