A new lynx has moved into the zoo. The one-and-a-half-year-old male – in lynxes, the males are called kudders – died on the evening of 18.
Wastewater master: A technical team with an overview and communication skills
Checking water values, flushing filters, coordinating the deployment of divers, assigning colleagues, laying pipes in enclosures: The.
Of pigs and humans: Lecture series of the zoo starts again
On 5. January at 19.30 o’clock the lecture series of the zoo of the city of Nuremberg starts into the new year. Professor Harald Beck of the Towson.
Nuremberg Zoo in times of Corona
Information for your visit:
Due to the 15. According to the Bavarian Ordinance on Measures for the Prevention of Infectious Diseases, the "2G rule":
- Admission is only possible for vaccinated or recovered persons or persons who are not yet 14 years old.
- Children’s policy: Children younger than 14 are admitted to the zoo regardless of their vaccination status. Children, from the age of 14 years, have access only if they are vaccinated or recovered.
Please note the explanations below.
- Appropriate proof and an official photo document to establish identity must be shown at the entrance.
- Individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons, and who provide proof of this on site, in particular by presenting an original written medical certificate that includes their full name and date of birth, will be admitted upon presentation of written or electronic negative test proof based on a PCR test performed no more than 48 hours ago or a rapid antigen test performed no more than 24 hours ago.
- Mask requirement: Wearing an FFP2 mask is mandatory in the entrance area and in all buildings/interiors. Children up to 5 years of age are excluded. Children and teenagers between the sixth and 16. Birthday must wear a medical face mask.
Explanation of the "2G rule" in detail:
- Criterion 1 "vaccinated (criterion 1 or 2 must be fulfilled)
Persons are considered fully vaccinated if they have a paper or electronic proof of vaccination and have received the last required single vaccination more than 14 days ago.
- Criterion 2 "recover" (Criterion 1 or 2 must be fulfilled)
Persons are considered recovered if they have tested positive for the coronavirus with a PCR test. The test must have taken place at least 28 days ago and must be no more than 90 days old. A convalescent card must be presented for this purpose.
- Open facilities:
All animal houses and facilities as well as the Bionicum.
- Closed facilities resp. are currently not available:
Annotated feedings and dolphin presentations, bollock cart rentals
- Playgrounds Are open under the generally applicable conditions (compliance with minimum distance of 1.5 m).
- Catering establishments are subject to the current regulations for "gastronomy" open (please note the winter closure periods of the individual facilities).
- Due to the way the entrance area is laid out (one-way street without traffic), it is not possible to pass through the entrance gate in order to purchase tickets for other people who are still in the outside area or for other people who are not in the outside area. have not yet arrived.
An urgent appeal to you:
During your visit to the zoo, please be sure to observe the general rules of distance and hygiene!
Note for season ticket holders:
Due to the previous closures of the zoo in 2020 and early 2021, the validity of your season tickets will be extended for the period(s) of the closures.
If the card has expired during this period, a pro rata extension will be taken into account.
The exact period of validity of your season ticket can be asked at the control staff on site or you can check it under this link (pdf, 96 KB).