Registering as unemployed: first aid in case of unemployment.

Are you threatened with the loss of your job or have you recently been unemployed? become unemployed? The situation of suddenly being without a job can lead to great insecurity and existential angst. It is particularly important now that you keep a cool head and take the right steps. What you should absolutely know and pay attention to if you register as a jobseeker, apply for unemployment benefit or find yourself in unemployment want to continue training, we have summarized in this guide for you.

Unemployment: What to do now? – Summary of contents.

  1. Am I entitled to unemployment benefits??

1. Am I entitled to unemployment benefit?

Anyone who has paid into unemployment insurance for at least 12 months in the last two years is entitled to unemployment benefits. It does not matter whether you did this in one piece or with interruptions. Substitute periods such as short-time work, military service, maternity, child rearing, sick pay or voluntary service can also be taken into account.
If you live in Germany and lose your job, you can apply for financial support during the period of unemployment, the so-called unemployment benefit (ALG). Here we distinguish two versions, the ALG I and the ALG II.

Tip: If you have paid a total of at least. you have paid into the unemployment insurance scheme for 12 months, you can apply for unemployment benefit. You can also apply for unemployment benefit I and unemployment benefit II online.

2. When do I have to register as a jobseeker and unemployed??

Reporting to the Employment Agency is the first step in securing your right to unemployment benefits. If you are still employed and are threatened with dismissal, you will receive i. d. R. even before your terminated employment ends, make an appointment for a personal counseling interview with an advisor at the Employment Agency. With this you can discuss all further questions and necessary steps.

2.1 Register online as a job seeker.

You can submit your job-seeker notification in various ways – also online. In order not to jeopardize your entitlement to unemployment benefits, you should register as a jobseeker immediately after receiving notice of termination. Immediately means within one day. If you have a fixed-term employment contract, you must register as a jobseeker three months before the end of the employment relationship. You can register with the Federal Employment Agency, by telephone on 0800 455 55 00 (toll-free) or online. If you have already been laid off, you must report directly to your nearest branch of the Federal Employment Agency. Read point 2. The job-seeker notification must be made no later than the first day of unemployment.

A small tip on the correct spelling: According to write "arbeitsuchend" (single "s") as well as "arbeitssuchend" (double "s") – both are correct.

2.2 Register as unemployed: on the first day without employment at the latest.

To avoid any disadvantages for you, you must on the first day of unemployment at the latest Report in person to your employment agency. Please note that an appointment must be made in advance (preferably by telephone). Due to the high number of calls during the Corona crisis, additional regional numbers have been set up for this purpose. You can find the appropriate regional contact person via the employment agency’s service search function.

Important: Self-inflicted dismissal. If you quit your job yourself or have been dismissed for bad behavior, you have to expect a blocking period of 12 weeks. The reasons for the termination must be stated on a separate sheet when applying for unemployment benefits.

Tip: If you have a fixed-term employment contract, you should register as a jobseeker three months before the end of the employment relationship.

3. How to register as temporarily unemployed?

Even if you are only temporarily unemployed, you should register as unemployed. Temporary unemployment often occurs when you change jobs. Many employees are then unemployed for a limited period of time. Attention: If you have given notice yourself, the employment agency will usually impose a 12-week lockout period. Then you will not receive unemployment benefits during the temporary unemployment period.

What is the difference between "job-seeking" and "unemployed"??

The two terms job-seeking and unemployed always lead to confusion. Therefore we explain it now quite simply in the sense of a rule of thumb. Please note that the terms are explained in a much more complicated and comprehensive way in terms of SGB III, but we were concerned here with a simple and easy to understand presentation.

  • jobseeking = looking for work. As a rule, you are considered to be looking for work if you are still in a job but have registered with the employment agency as looking for work.
  • Unemployed = without work. A person is considered unemployed if he or she is without a job.

Which deadlines should I remember when I am unemployed?

If one wishes to receive unemployment benefits, then one must apply for both jobseeker as well as unemployed Report to the Employment Agency and meet the following deadlines:

  • Register as a jobseeker for more than 3 months If you are still working in a job, register as a jobseeker – make sure to do this 3 months (or more) before your employment ends.
  • Register as unemployed from day 1: Register as unemployed in person at your employment agency no later than the first day without employment.

4. How can I apply for unemployment benefit?

On the first day of your unemployment, you must register as unemployed in person at your local employment agency (please observe the applicable hygiene regulations regarding. the Corona virus). To receive unemployment benefits, you must fill out an application for unemployment benefits online. On the unemployment benefit form, enter, among other things, your work history for the last five years. You can fill out the form for unemployment benefits online directly on the website of the employment agency.

Tip: On the first day of your unemployment, you must call your employment agency to register as unemployed. In the Corona crisis, personal registration for unemployment is waived locally. Here you can find the appropriate numbers of the employment agency.

5. What documents do I need to apply for unemployment benefits??

You should bring/keep the following documents for the application:

  • Identity card or passport with confirmation of registration, residence permit, work permit.
  • Social Security card.
  • If necessary. Proof of previous receipt of benefits such as housing allowance, unemployment benefit, unemployment assistance or alimony.
  • Certificate of employment.
  • If applicable. Notice of termination/employment contract.
  • Ggf. Certificate of receipt of sickness benefit.
  • Your current curriculum vitae.

Essential for the application are the certificates of your former employer, which you have to organize yourself. After that the ALG I is calculated.

6. How much unemployment benefit am I entitled to?

How much unemployment benefit is paid is regulated by law. As a general rule, you will receive 60 percent of your flat-rate net pay (incentive pay). If you have a child, you receive about 67 percent. Your tax class also has an influence on the amount of unemployment benefit you receive.

Unemployment benefit is an insurance and support benefit for jobseekers. The benefit is intended to enable you, as a remuneration replacement benefit, to lead an appropriate life and to ensure your personal standard of living at a minimum level. However, the amount is not based on your previous standard of living, but on your personal needs, which are necessary to finance a dignified existence.

In the case of severance pay, your entitlement to benefits is suspended for a certain period of time. ALG I is paid for 12 months always at the end of the month, but the length depends on the social insurance obligation in the last five years. You are entitled to the unemployment benefit for a total of four years after the first payment into the insurance scheme.

Tip: As a rule, you will receive 60 percent of your flat-rate net pay. If the unemployment benefit is not sufficient, you can additionally apply for unemployment benefit II. You can claim the unemployment benefit to which you are entitled z. B. calculate here.

7. Do I have to apply for ALG I or ALG II??

All unemployment insurance benefits are calculated regardless of your assets. As a recipient of ALG I, however, you must take into account that income from secondary employment will be offset against unemployment benefits. The period of entitlement depends on the length of time you have been paying into the system. There is a special regulation for all unemployed persons over 50 years of age.

ALG II, also known as Hartz IV, represents a state-financed basic security for job seekers. Hartz IV is intended to secure the livelihood of persons who receive little or no benefit from the statutory unemployment insurance scheme. As an employee, you are also entitled to unemployment benefit II if your salary is not sufficient to cover your living expenses. The employment agency will provide you with more detailed information on this subject.

Tip: Employees are entitled to unemployment benefit II if their salary is not enough to cover their living expenses.

8. Will personal assets be counted towards unemployment benefits?

Earned assets are not counted towards unemployment benefits. Assets received from third parties, such as gifts or inheritances, are not taken into account. If, on the other hand, you still receive benefits from your former employer, such as severance pay or commissions, these must be offset against your unemployment benefits. This also applies if the employer has not observed the statutory period of notice and the dismissed person is still entitled to a salary.

Tip: Earned assets are not counted towards unemployment benefits, but severance pay or commissions are.

9. Are there unemployment benefits for EU citizens and third-country nationals??

As a citizen of an EU member state, you have the same rights as Germans according to EU agreements and can also receive unemployment benefits in Germany under the same conditions. It is also possible for third-country nationals to apply for unemployment benefits if they meet certain requirements.

Tip: Even if you are an EU citizen or a national of a non-EU country, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits. Apply for unemployment benefit.

10. Am I entitled to unemployment benefits after self-employment??

If you are self-employed, your entitlement to unemployment benefits is also based on the contributions you have paid into the unemployment insurance scheme. If you have paid contributions for 12 months, you are also entitled to unemployment benefits as a former self-employed person.

Tip: If you are self-employed, you voluntarily pay relatively small amounts into the unemployment insurance scheme. You can apply for this at the beginning of your self-employment at the employment agency.

11. Am I entitled to unemployment benefits if I report sick??

The loss of a job often coincides with a sick leave notification. In this case, you are insured as an employee through your employer. This means that you are entitled to sick pay for the time you are on sick leave. You can only register as unemployed after your doctor has certified that you are fit for work again. If you fall ill while unemployed, you remain insured with the Federal Employment Agency. In this case, it is important to inform the agency immediately about the sickness notification. The benefits will continue to be paid as in the case of permanent employment.

Tip: You can only register as unemployed after your doctor has certified that you are fit for work again.

12. How does the interview with the employment agency work??

Once all the bureaucratic steps have been taken and your unemployment benefits have been approved, the next step is to find your new job. For this purpose, a counseling interview with your employment mediator:in is scheduled. At this first appointment, the employment agency will get to know you and discuss your job situation and the next steps with you. Your professional future will also be discussed. Where would you like to work? Is further training or retraining an option? Take advantage of the interview and think in advance about what you would like to do or what you would like to do now. in which direction it can go.

Tip: Before the counseling interview with your employment agency, think about where your professional journey could take you.

13. Can I do further training or retraining?

During your counseling session with your employment counselor, you can ask any questions you have about finding a job, and you can also ask for help, e.g., a job application. B. for the correct writing of your letter of application or curriculum vitae. In this case, an employee who is registered by the job center or. the employment agency can help with job application coaching. Steps can also be discussed together to optimize your chances of re-employment. This includes, for example, subsidized courses, further education, training courses and retraining, in which your professional qualification can be increased. You will also receive information about financial support that is granted to finance your further training or retraining.

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: