The Apple Watch not only shows the time and helps you avoid delays. You can also make calls and send texts, listen to music, download apps, track your activity levels, measure your heart rate, and more. Apple also regularly releases new features for users to. All of these and other things make the Apple Watch in constant demand.
However, some people decide it’s time to part with their Apple Watch. You may be among them and want to sell an older version to get money for the latest model – currently Series 5. Or maybe something happened to you this month, and you think selling your Apple Watch would relieve the stress associated with that situation. Fortunately, selling is a straightforward process.
Table of Contents
1. Explore the possibilities of selling it
Potential sellers have many ways to get money for an Apple Watch.
- Product sales groups on social media or messaging platforms
- E-commerce stores for electronics that accept used items
- Craigslist and similar classifieds websites
- Online auctions like eBay
- A personal sale or trade-in at a local electronics store
- Place an ad on a bulletin board, in a university newspaper, etc.
- Ask friends to buy an Apple Watch
When learning the approximate prices for this Apple product, remember that scratches, cracks, or anything that limits the functionality of the gadget will reduce its value.
2. Get the device in a ready-to-sell state
If you have an iPhone connected to the Apple Watch, disconnect the two devices.
1. Place your iPhone near the Apple Watch and turn on both devices.
2. Tap the Watch icon on the iPhone home screen.
3. On the "My Watch" screen that appears, tap the name and icon of your gadget.
4. Next, select the information icon to the right of the watch’s name.
5. Tap the "Unpair Apple Watch" button and confirm your selection in the pop-up window.
If an iPhone is paired with an Apple Watch, the iPhone is the correct automatically erase and backup the data when you unpair the devices. However, if you don’t have a paired iPhone, follow these steps to delete the Apple Watch:
1. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings.
2. Select General> Reset.
3. Select "Erase all content and settings". Confirm the decision by entering your password.
It is not possible to secure an Apple Watch without an included paired iPhone. When you back up an iPhone, the Apple Watch data is included in this process.
1. Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
2. Go to "Settings> Tap [your name]> iCloud. "
3. Slide the iCloud Backup toggle to the right or select "Back up now".
If you have iCloud Backup enabled, backups will occur daily, provided you have enough storage and your iPhone stays connected to the Internet.
1. Connect your iPhone to a computer.
2. Open iTunes (or Finder under macOS Catalina).
3. Enter your password or select "Trust this device" when prompted to do so.
4. Locate and select your iPhone from the iTunes / Finder sidebar.
5. Select the "Secure Now" button on the following screen.
After you unhook the iPhone and Apple Watch, wipe the Apple Watch data and back up your iPhone information, the gadget is ready for the new owner.
3. Follow the instructions for a successful transaction
Steps for the final part of the sale vary by sales method. A seller may need to request a shipping label, package the device in a certain way, arrange for an in-person pickup or meet minimum standards when taking the device for a trade-in. Failure to follow all steps properly may result in the proposed sale being classified as ineligible.
If there is uncertainty when checking what to do to perform the transaction, it is best to ask questions. If you end up making incorrect assumptions, it can frustrate the seller and cause them to lose confidence in you. If you are selling your Apple Watch through an online method, you should send the item through a service that allows tracking.
Avoid problems by showing patience
You should think carefully before selling an Apple Watch. Weighing the pros and cons of selling will help you avoid decisions you’ll later regret. It is not difficult to prepare the Apple Watch for sale, as long as you are patient enough to do it properly by following the steps described here.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it! report this ad