Is your best friend having a birthday and you’re wondering, "What can I write for his or her birthday??". Holidays are a wonderful occasion to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. Such loving gestures are also worthwhile on other days of the year, because as the saying goes, "Small gifts preserve friendship." It doesn’t always have to be presents, even lovingly chosen verses show how precious a relationship is to you. Get inspired by true, funny verses for men and women or sayings that touch the heart because of their profound..
➠ Contents: What awaits you
Best Friends Sayings: Funny
Laughing together is good for you, best of all at ourselves. Humorous verses that paraphrase a deep friendship:
- "We’ll be friends until we’re old and senile. … And then we will be new friends."
- "I don’t know which is tighter, my jeans or our friendship."
- "True friends always help you up when you are just down. And if they don’t help you up, they lie with you for a while and listen well."
Best friends sayings: True
Real friends stick together in good times and in times of crisis. They criticize and yet stand by when mistakes have been made. Inspiring and thoughtful verses about friendship:
"There is no better therapy than talking it out with your best friend / girlfriend."
Best friends sayings to cry
In an intimate relationship, best friends can’t do anything to each other. The most beautiful verses that touch the heart:
- "A true friend is a person who sees your smile, and yet feels that your soul is crying."
- "Even if the whole world was against you, I would stand behind you."
- "Even if we are miles away, in my heart you are always very close to me."
- "No matter how hard the road is, we walk it together!"
- "A wound inflicted by a friend does not heal." (African Proverb)
- "You know my vulnerable spots – and cover them with balm."
- "Friends are like angels who help us get back on our feet when our wings have forgotten how to fly."
- "No matter how low you sink, I may not be able to pull you all the way up, but I will do everything I can not to let you fall."
Best friends sayings: girlfriend
The best friend sometimes knows more about the emotional world than the spouse and becomes a soulmate. The most beautiful verses for the dearest friend:
- "Even if I say that I’m fine, you realize that it’s not true."
- "You are for me like a star in the sky that shines more than any other."
- "You are the friend who is always there for me, who always listens to me, who is most important to me, who understands me. For this I thank you!"
- "A true friend is like a bra: hard to find, supportive, comfortable, uplifting and close to your heart."
- "We are like two pieces of a puzzle: so different, and yet we fit together perfectly.
Best Friends Sayings: Men
With your best friend through thick and thin. Beautiful verses that fit not only male friendships:
- "Best friends: it’s like salt and tequila, only better!"
- "Friendship is when someone praises you for a good swim after you’ve capsized while sailing." (Werner Schneyder)
- "Anyone can show compassion for the suffering of a friend. It requires however a really noble character, in order to be pleased about the successes of a friend." (Oscar Wilde)
- "A friend is someone who knows that you need him at the right moment." (Oscar Wilde)
- "You will not get far in friendship if you are not ready to forgive small mistakes." (Jean de La Bruyère)
- "Always telling the truth probably won’t get you many friends, but it will get you the right ones." (John Lennon)
- "At the highest level of friendship, we reveal to our friend not our faults but his own."(Francois de La Rochefoucauld)
- "Nice when you find people whose head had the same interior designer."
- "Time is precious, so spend it with the right people."
- "Our outer destinies interest the people, the inner ones only the friend." (Heinrich von Kleist)
- "A friend is a person in front of whom you can think aloud." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "A critical friend at the side, one always comes faster from the spot." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Friendship lasts longest when it is sealed with a mutual promise to always tell each other the truth." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "Criticize a friend secretly and praise him publicly."(Leonardo da Vinci)