Current Corona vaccination figures for NRW : RKI reports 36.770 new vaccinations in NRW compared to the previous day
Interactive Dusseldorf In the fight against the coronavirus, hopes rest on a successful vaccination campaign. So far, around 37 million doses have been vaccinated in North Rhine-Westphalia, an increase of 36% compared to the last report.770 wide vaccinations. Here you can find all current vaccination data of the Robert Koch Institute on the pandemic in NRW.
Head of editorial product development
- Simple, complete, boosted – what vaccination status means for people in NRW
- Current vaccination figures for NRW
- Booster vaccinations: How many have been given, who is getting them
- Overview: Which countries vaccinate the most and which vaccines have been vaccinated so far
- Overview: Corona vaccinations in the other 15 German states
- Overview: Status of vaccinations worldwide
Simple, complete, boosted – what vaccination status means for people in NRW
Since the 27. December 2020 everywhere in NRW will be vaccinated against the corona virus. For optimal protection, two vaccinations are required for a first basic immunization with most vaccines legal to date. A second dose is due about three to six weeks after the first one. Only the vaccine from Johnson&Johnson currently needs to be administered only once to be considered primed. The agent is counted as a first vaccination, but is also included in the statistics for basic immunized people.
Vaccinated people can still carry the virus and infect others, but they themselves are well protected against the health consequences of infection, according to numerous global studies.
Current vaccination figures for NRW
So far, about 37.2 million vaccinations have been injected, of which 14.3 million were first-time vaccinations. The proportion of vaccinated people with at least one vaccination in the total population is thus 79.7 percent. Compared to the last report, the number increased by 3.413 vaccinations to. These figures are reported by the Robert Koch Institute as at 01.02.2022 at 09:16.
In addition, according to the RKI, around 13.8 million people are considered to be "basic immunized" to date. This includes all those who were fully vaccinated for the first time. Compared to the previous data submission, 6.906 people received their basic immunization, usually the second vaccination. The rate of basic immunization in NRW is currently 77 percent.
Booster vaccinations: How many have already been administered, who gets them
In September 2021, so-called booster vaccinations were released for all people who had already received basic immunization in the past. According to the Standing Committee on Vaccination such a booster vaccination is enough to get a very good immune response and to be well protected against the virus again.
To date, a total of 9.9 million of these booster vaccinations have been administered in NRW. Compared to the previous day, 26.451 new "boosters administered.
Thus, the total number of vaccinations recently increased by 36.770. In the last seven days, a total of 363.658 vaccine doses vaccinated – an average of 51.951 doses per day.
Overview: which states vaccinate the most and which vaccines have been given so far
Most vaccinations have been administered in North Rhine-Westphalia so far. More than 37.2 million vaccine doses have not yet been administered in any other German state. In terms of the per capita rate, however, another state takes the top spot. The highest rate for people with at least one vaccination is currently recorded for Bremen, where 89.3 initial vaccinations per 100 inhabitants have been carried out so far. To date, a total of 165 vaccinations have been given throughout Germany.077.514 vaccinations have been administered.
Those vaccinated received one of the vaccines approved to date from Biontech/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca or Johnson& Johnson. So far in NRW, 27.49 million vaccinations have been carried out with the Biontech/Pfizer vaccine (a share of 73.9 percent), 816.39 thousand with the product of the manufacturer Moderna (a share of 2.2 percent) and 5.81 million doses (15.6 percent) of the vaccine from AstraZeneca have been vaccinated. The vaccine from Johnson& Johnson has been administered to 3.09 million people to date.
Overview: Corona vaccinations in the other 15 German states
- Baden-Wurttemberg: 8.14 million first vaccinations (73.32 percent), 8.04 million second vaccinations (72.44 percent), 5.88 million booster vaccinations (52.92 percent)
- Bavaria: 9.64 million first-time vaccinations (73.37 percent), 9.59 million second-time vaccinations (72.99 percent), 6.72 million booster vaccinations (51.14 percent)
- Berlin: 2.82 million first vaccinations (76.94 percent), 2.76 million second vaccinations (75.29 percent), 1.99 million booster vaccinations (54.19 percent)
- Brandenburg: 1.74 million first vaccinations (68.79 percent), 1.70 million second vaccinations (67.35 percent), 1.18 million booster vaccinations (46.57 percent)
- Bremen: 607.26 thousand first vaccinations (89.29 percent), 590.51 thousand second vaccinations (86.82 percent), 403.18 thousand booster vaccinations (59.28 percent)
- Hamburg: 1.50 million first vaccinations (81.2 percent), 1.47 million second vaccinations (79.47 percent), 950.96 thousand booster vaccinations (51.33 percent)
- Hesse: 4.78 million first vaccinations (75.97 percent), 4.57 million second vaccinations (72.62 percent), 3.19 million booster vaccinations (50.7 percent)
Overview: Status of vaccinations worldwide
Worldwide, around five billion vaccine doses have been administered to date, corresponding to a rate of 61.06 per 100 people. In the following country the most vaccination doses have been given so far: China. Here, the authorities have reported 3.00 billion vaccinations to date. With a rate of 98.99 vaccinations per 100 inhabitants, the highest vaccination rate worldwide is currently found in the following country: United Arab Emirates. The data has the portal "Our World in Data" compiled by official authorities of countries worldwide.
Data on Corona vaccinations in Germany are collected centrally by the RKI and published every working day by midday. The figures available to the authorities in the individual federal states may be significantly higher than those reported by the RKI, as the reports on vaccination events are sometimes transmitted to the institute with some delay. Therefore, the difference from the previous day does not always reflect the actual number of vaccinations given on that day.
Meanwhile, since the beginning of the pandemic in NRW, 2.02 million infections with the coronavirus have now been confirmed. With reporting date of 01.02.2022 at 0 o’clock last 46.305 new infections recorded, with a current seven-day incidence of 1272.1. Since the outbreak of the virus in NRW in March 2020, the RKI reported a total of 21.132 deaths from or with the coronavirus, with 37 additional victims recorded within 24 hours at last count.
All current information about the spread of the coronavirus can be found at any time in our liveblog.
Further data and graphics on the spread of the coronavirus in North Rhine-Westphalia can be found here, and we have prepared data for Germany and the world here.
This text was generated automatically on the basis of data from the Robert Koch Institute and the "Our World in Data" platform and is updated automatically on a regular basis – always after new data has been made available.