An effective and well-known household remedy is Calf wrap:
- To do this, soak towels in cold water and wring them out well. They must not drip!
- Then wrap both calves with the towels and cover each with another towel.
- Repeat the process three times as soon as the compresses are no longer pleasantly cold.
The evaporative cold of the wet compresses extracts heat from the body and thus lowers the fever by half a degree to one degree.
But be carefulIn case of shivering, do not apply calf compresses. Even if you have cold hands or feet, you should not use calf compresses.
Descending full bath against fever
If the calf compresses do not show any effect, you can use a descending full bath to combat the fever:
- Warm up the bed in advance with a hot water bottle.
- Then pour warm water into the bathtub. The water temperature should always be about one degree below the temperature of the fever sufferer.
- When you are in the water, gradually let in cold water.
- Within 10 to 15 minutes, the water temperature should then only be around 25° C.
- After 15 minutes, get out of the bath, dry yourself thoroughly and immediately get into a warm bed.
Drinking apple cider vinegar for fever
Apple cider vinegar is suitable for internal and external use in case of increased temperature. The acid stimulates the release of heat through the skin. In addition, the vinegar contains important minerals that are especially good for a weakened body.
- External use: Add half a liter of apple cider vinegar to lukewarm bath water. Alternatively, you can also moisten compresses with water and vinegar (mixing ratio 2:1) and place them on your forehead, stomach and feet.
- Internal use: Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and some honey to a glass of water and drink this mixture three times a day.
Reduce fever with ginger
In Ginger contain many substances that reduce the Blood circulation and Sweat stimulate. This is good for lowering the temperature. In addition, ginger is effective against pathogens. You can add the miracle tuber chopped small in soups or in hot water as a tea.
If you suffer from fever, you must drink a lot. Besides water, tea is best. Although there are many fever and cold teas available in supermarkets and drugstores, you can also make your own fever-reducing tea with the following recipe or have it mixed at the pharmacy:
- 30 grams of lime blossom
- 30 grams of elderflower
- 20 grams of rose hip peel
Pour a small part of the mixture with hot water and let it steep for five to ten minutes.
Garlic helps with fever
Garlic is good against fever – whether you like the taste or not. Because garlic is considered natural antibiotic, fights bacteria and thus supports the body’s fight against fever. You can either eat garlic pure or simply add it to dishes.
Since time immemorial Honey very appreciated as a home remedy for diseases. Like garlic, it is considered natural antibiotic. In addition, honey has a antioxidant effect and thus goes against free radicals in the body. Honey therefore not only supports the body’s defense against fever body’s own defense.
Whether as Spread or to the Sweeten tea – Honey has another positive effect on Fever: the containing Sugar Gives the weakened body new energy.
If you have a high fever, be sure to see a doctor
If the fever does not get better despite the home remedies, you should definitely see a doctor! Especially when..