Dual studies child benefit: what you need to know

Every course of study costs money and the dual study program also wants to be financed. One possibility for financing dual studies is child benefit. But are there still child benefits at all in dual studies? You already earn your own salary. And if so, how much is the child benefit? What requirements do you have to meet in order to receive child benefit?? Here are the answers!

Table of Contents

  • How much child benefit is there?
  • What requirements do you have to meet?
  • Dual studies and child benefit: Is it possible?
  • How to get child benefit

How much child support is there?

Dual studies child benefit: What you need to know

Child benefit is paid by the state to the family to ensure the child’s basic needs are met. Many parents pass on the child benefit to their adult children as soon as they stand on their own two feet in order to finance their home or livelihood. Thus, the child benefit continues to fulfill its purpose, because it serves as a support and ensures the basic provision.

The amount of child benefit is officially set by the state and is the same for each child. Unlike many other financial assistance or government benefits, child benefit is not related to the parents’ income, but is calculated as a lump sum per child.

This results in the following values for the amount of child benefit as of January 2021:

  • First and second child: 219 euros
  • Third child: 225 euros
  • From the fourth child: 250 euros

What requirements do you have to meet?

The most important condition to get child benefit is the fact that the family has a residence in Germany or that the family has a residence in Germany. is taxable in Germany. In principle, every child receives child benefit from the first month of life until the age of 18. Child benefit.

Under certain circumstances, children are entitled to child benefit until they reach the age of 25. The child benefit is paid until the child reaches the age of 18 and therefore usually remains for the duration of the dual study program.

The following conditions must be met in order to still receive child benefit after your 18. birthday to still receive child benefit:

  • You are in vocational training.
  • You have taken up a course of study.
  • You are doing voluntary service or a social year.
  • There is a bridging period of no more than four months to get through (z.B. between two apprenticeships).

Dual studies and child benefit: Is it possible?

The answer is clearly yes! Even if you earn your first salary during your dual studies and many companies support their dual students with additional benefits, such as paying tuition fees or housing allowance, you are still entitled to child benefit as a dual student.

In the case of dual studies, the same requirements for entitlement to child benefit apply as in the case of normal vocational training or a classic full-time course of study. Until you reach the age of 25. You are entitled to child benefit from the age of 18. The dual study program, despite its combination of theory and practice, counts as a normal (initial) training and you are entitled to state support until graduation. Your entitlement to child benefits only expires after you have completed your dual studies.

How to get child benefit

What you have to do to get child benefit? This is actually quite simple. In the best case, your parents support you and automatically hand over the child benefit to you. Here’s how it can work: Either they receive the child support from the government as usual and pass it on to you, or you have the money transferred directly to your account.

If you want to take care of child support on your own, or maybe even have to, you should apply for child support at the appropriate office. To do this, you need to fill out an application and send it to the family benefits office, which is usually located in the local employment agency. It takes up to six weeks for your application to be processed and, in the best case, approved. It is also important that you send your birth certificate in any case. Since the beginning of 2018, child benefit can unfortunately only be applied for six months retroactively.

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: