Facebook is the social media giant that almost everyone in the world uses. There you can connect with other people and share precious moments of your life. It can also be used to get information of a person you just met. But how do you find information about this person? If you want to find a person’s name or profile from a photo, you can use the Facebook Image Search use. This is especially popular among recruiters to check out applicants.
In this article you will find a tutorial for Facebook people search with picture. We’ll show you how to do an image search Facebook or, more precisely, a reverse image search. This way you can easily find a contact or stranger on Facebook. Let’s check your Facebook prospect’s profile together.
Part 1. Facebook image search, what is possible?
If you want to find the person behind a photo or profile, a Facebook image search is a good approach. The problem is that FB does not provide you with a reverse image search feature. However, you can use the unique numeric identification (numeric ID) assigned to each image on Facebook. You can use this ID to find the photo source. This is a great way to do an image search Facebook.
Alternatively, you can use Google reverse image search or other tools that offer reverse image search. This way you can find the Facebook profile of the picture, the owner of the photo or the name behind the picture.
Part 2. How to perform a Facebook image search?
There are three different ways to search for a Facebook image. The first would be to use a search engine for reverse image search. Search engines like Google, TinEye and RevImg can be used here.
The second method is to use the unique number ID that FB has assigned to the photo within the platform. The third method involves using apps that you can find in the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. We will go through all the methods for Facebook people search with image, First the method of image search with search engines:
Method 01: Use a search engine for reverse image search
One of the most popular methods for a Facebook image search is search engines. These search engines include Google Images, RevImg and TinEye. These are popular reverse image search engines that allow you to find the photo source or. be able to find the Facebook profile with picture. To be able to use them, you just need the image , the URL or the location of the image. You can also download these images and then save them to your computer.
Follow these steps to save a specific image from FB platform:
- Right click on the photo and select the option Save image as. This can be done in the browser. Or you can simply open the photo in question using the mobile app.
- Then press the menu that looks like three dots aligned vertically in the upper right corner of the interface.
- Then select the option Save.
After downloading the images, you can easily do a Facebook image search using the Google Images search engine. Since Google Images is the most popular tool for photos, you can use it by pasting the URL image location or uploading the specific image that you have downloaded via computer (or cell phone) and saved on the device.
It is important to note that your image search Facebook results depend on the profile settings of the profile of the image source. For example, if the user has privacy options enabled, you won’t be able to find a Facebook profile in the results. However, you can still search for results about the image from other sources (except Facebook). With these other Information you can find photo sources, find in other social networks or websites.
Method 02: Use Facebook’s unique ID number
The second method for a Facebook image search is to use the ID number assigned to the photo. You will notice that FB embeds a photo number in the file name. This technique is very easy to understand and use.
You can simply follow the various steps we describe below to use the ID FB has assigned to each photo within the platform. This way, you can also easily track down the source of the image and its original profile.
- First of all, you need to find out the photo ID of the image. To do this, you will need to right click on the image in question and Show image Or View photo select. When you do this, the original link of the photo will be displayed. Alternatively, you can right-click on the image and then select the option Copy picture address select.
- After that, you need to copy the address to a notepad to better see the ID number. You can also paste it into a blank browser tab or paste it into document software.
- At the beginning of the link you will see the letters in the form of "fb". This refers to Facebook itself. And it tells you that the image is actually from Facebook. However, this is not the end. They still have to check where the ID is that FB gave to the picture. So usually it looks like one of the two images below:
- What we are looking for is the ID number. This one is in the middle. You will see that there are three different sets of numbers. In this case, the middle 325483795xxxxx is. This relates to the profile number and therefore the source of the Facebook photo.
- Now the next part would be to use with the numbers you got in step 4. To do this, you need to open a new browser tab. You enter the URL given below and then enter your photo ID in the area Insert photo ID here is a.
- Make sure that when you place this URL, you include the ID of the photo and do not include any spaces. Also, the digits you get vary in number. Some are longer and another are shorter. Press enter to open the profile of the image source.
An important note about Facebook Image Search with the ID of the FB image
If you choose this second method, you need to keep in mind some important points.
- First, the profile you get may not be the person in the picture. The profile you receive may only be the person who uploaded the photo to Facebook. May have posted or even republished the image without knowing who the person in the photo is.
This is because people post any kind of image on Facebook. So if you want to know more about the person in the picture, you can use a search engine instead (method 01). You may also be able to get to a profile. However, the information displayed may also be limited to what this profile allows. This of course depends on the privacy settings of the profile. So if you want to get the most information out of the profile, it must be public. However, this is not the case in most situations.
- In addition, you can use a Facebook image search to find that FB and Instagram image file formats are almost identical. This is because FB owns Instagram and bought it years ago. The second method we’ve given here doesn’t work for images on Instagram. It only works with images from Facebook. Therefore, we are only giving a guide to Facebook image search.
Method 03: Use apps for reverse Facebook image search
If you want to find a Facebook profile with a picture, you can also use mobile apps for Android and iOS. Of course, these apps can be downloaded from the respective app stores of the two platforms. Here are some of the best apps we recommend you to use.
Tool 01: CamFind
CamFind is one of the basic tools you can use for Facebook people search with picture. For example, it can be used to take a photo and then upload that photo to the tool. Once it is uploaded, the application compares it with other photos you find on the Internet.
It works for both iOS and Android operating systems. Additional features include language translator, text search, voice search, barcode scanner, QR scanner and much more. This award-winning tool has been featured in numerous online and offline publications.
Tool 02: Veracity
This visual app is an extremely intimate search engine. You can use it to do a Facebook image search, you can take photos with your camera and on top of that you can also retrieve it from your photo library. In addition, Veracity can be connected to your own Dropbox account.
It provides you with an image editor – even if just a simple one. However, you need to pay for the app to unlock the photo editing features. The downside to Veracity is that you can’t share your own results with other people. Veracity can be downloaded for free from the iOS Store. There is also a premium version.
Tool 03: Photo Sherlock
This is an app with a simple user interface. You can do a reverse image search Facebook by taking photos with your camera to find Facebook profiles based on a photo. You can also use it to upload photos from your phone’s camera roll.
After uploading the image to the app, you can crop it to focus on the Facebook image search, and perform this. After that Photo Sherlock retrieves the search results of the image from Google.
This app is completely free on iOS and Android operating systems. You can download it from the Google Play Store for Android and, of course, the Apple App Store for iOS. It also offers in-app purchases for additional features.
Part 3. Bonus: Remove duplicate photos from your Mac
If you’ve been using your device for a while, you’ve probably accumulated quite a few duplicate images. To use this duplicate pictures to find and remove them, we recommend the application iMyMac PowerMyMac and its Similar Images Finder Module.
iMyMac PowerMyMac is essentially a tool to speed up the performance of your macOS machine. Thus, it also provides a Similar Images Finder that can be used to find and remove similar photos thus creating more storage space on your computer.
And because there is more memory in your computer, it will also run faster right away. The module Similar Images Finder is very thorough when it comes to scanning your device. It also ensures that no data loss occurs throughout the process.
Video tutorial: What PowerMyMac can do
Part 4. Conclusion
In this article, you will find the main ways to perform a Facebook people search with image on your computers and even on your mobile devices. This is a good thing if you want to find a Facebook profile with just a picture. This can be a great way to get in touch with the right person you want to talk too.
If you have also noticed that there are many photos on your computer and most of them are duplicates, you can use iMyMac PowerMyMac and the module Similar Images Finder use. This tool is a great way to speed up your Mac computer. It helps you to delete similar pictures without losing any data. It can also speed up your computer and give it more space to function properly. Get iMyMac PowerMyMac here and enjoy a faster computing experience!