Beautiful sayings are popular in all varieties: whether as a calendar, posted as a picture on Facebook, Instagram or Tumblr or quickly sent a beautiful saying via Whatsapp.. Hardly anyone who is not happy about a beautiful saying. Thereby beautiful sayings can take over many functions. Sometimes it is short beautiful sayings that provide an impulse. There are beautiful sayings to think about, about love, friendship or even beautiful sayings about life itself. The bandwidth is almost limitless. We have compiled a selection of more than 200 beautiful sayings for you to reflect on – as inspiration and impetus for every occasion..
➠ Contents: What awaits you
What are beautiful sayings?
As we all know, tastes are different. For example, one feels that something is a beautiful saying that inspires him in some way. For others the entertainment character is more important: everything that amuses runs under beautiful. Not a few beautiful sayings come from notable greats. Famous philosophers poets and authors, as well as politicians, have at various times let others know what they think about certain things. It is not uncommon for these bon mots to be handed down to posterity by historians – who sometimes lived 100 years later than the person who is said to have said them.
No matter who they are from and no matter if they are rhyming, long or short: In the broadest sense, beautiful sayings can be described as those that touch you in some positive way. This can include witty, cheeky sayings as well as profound sayings, the content of which only becomes clear on closer examination.
Beautiful sayings: over 200 sayings and quotes
Beautiful sayings to think about
To possess humor is an important quality. Nevertheless, there are always phases in which we come to rest and reflection. Times when we reflect. These can be moments in which, as in the case of job application rejections, we go into ourselves and reflect: Why did it not work out this time either?? Just as well, beautiful sayings for reflection can be those in which we set ourselves new goals. Which give strength and self-confidence because they encourage. Those that show that other people have also already failed, but still have not given up.
- "Do not think so often of what you lack, but of what you have." (Marcus Aurelius)
- "It’s not because it’s hard that we don’t dare to do it. Because we do not dare, it is difficult." (Seneca)
- "Crisis is a productive state. You just have to take away the flavor of disaster from it."
- "Everything will be all right in the end. And if it is not good, it is not yet the end." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Those who want something, look for ways. Who does not want something, he looks for reasons."
- "Beautiful words are not always true. True words are not always beautiful." (Lao Tzu)
- "Sometimes you have to be at the end to see the beginning."
- "Not the outer man, but the inner man has need of mirrors. One cannot see oneself otherwise than in the eye of a strange seer." (Jean Paul)
- "Significant successes are also the results of overcome crises." (Hans Arndt)
- "Nothing unfinished can be a yardstick for anything." (Confucius"
- "Most people would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism."
- "It is never too late to become what one could have been." (George Elliot)
- "The wealth of a person can be measured by the things he can do without, without losing his good humor." (Henry David Thoreau)
- "Everything you want is on the other side of fear."
- "If there were no bridges in the world, all the roads would be of no use."
- "He who does not know his goal, cannot find his way either."
- "Now are the good old days that we long for back in ten years time." (Peter Ustinov)
- "Success consists in having exactly the skills that are in demand at the moment." (Henry Ford)
- "Nothing is as bad as we fear. Nothing is as good as we hope." (Marcel Proust)
- "A long quarrel proves that both sides are wrong."(Voltaire)
- "No person has been in your life without a reason. One was a gift, the other a lesson."
- "Enjoy the moment, because the moment is your life."
- "All cruelty springs from weakness." (Seneca)
- "Don’t let your glow be taken away just because it dazzles others."
- "The only real enemies of a person are his negative thoughts." (Albert Einstein)
- "The truth is not known by beautiful words, but by quiet deeds."
Every difficult situation that you master now, you will be spared in the future. (Dalai Lama)
- "Winners do not doubt, doubters do not win." (Gerry Ehrmann)
- "Anything worth having is worth waiting for." (Marilyn Monroe)
- "Time we take is the only thing that gives us anything." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "You are not good because you stand out. You are good when it is noticeable that you are missing."
- "If you want to change the world, start with the person you see in the mirror every morning." (Simone Weil)
- "It doesn’t matter how slow you walk, as long as you don’t stop." (Confucius)
- "Live what you have recognized, Be what you have understood."
- "When nothing is certain, everything is possible." (Francis Paul Wilson)
- "The only way to get something out of life is to throw yourself into it with all your might." (Angelina Jolie)
- "Risk is better than regret."
Beautiful sayings for Whatsapp
The messenger service Whatsapp is one of the most popular forms of dissemination for beautiful sayings. In groups they are shared many times and also in the status you can always find beautiful sayings. If you overdo it, you can quickly annoy your contacts and also expressiveness and individuality fall by the wayside when 25 beautiful sayings are forwarded every day. However, properly selected and sparingly used, beautiful sayings for Whatsapp can show your own views or send an impulse to your contacts. We have compiled a selection of beautiful sayings for Whatsapp that can inspire you:
- "Today you know the price of everything, the value of nothing." (Oscar Wilde)
- "People who don’t take themselves too seriously are the really important ones. And on top of that enormously likeable."
- "In life you have to take some things for which you have no pocket at all."
- "Meeting you was the most beautiful coincidence in my life."
- "Some people get on your nerves just thinking about them."
- "I need only four hours of sleep a day. But at night the double."
- " Today is the day of thinking with you. It is a pity that so few can celebrate."
- " Who is open for everything, can be somewhere not completely tightly."
- "I’m standing with both feet firmly on the hose."
- "Between what one says and what the other heard and understood, can lie worlds."
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes you just need an expert opinion.
- "Also the longest march begins once with the first step." (Laotse)
- "These are not forehead wrinkles. That’s a six pack from thinking."
- "Laughter is the most beautiful language in the world."
- "My unicorn says: reality lies."
- "Live as if there were no tomorrow."
- "Go with or aside."
- "The sorrow that does not speak gnaws at the heart until it breaks." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "Give everyone a second chance. Sometime you need them yourself."
- "Enjoy the moment before it becomes a memory."
- "Family is when chaos is fun."
Beautiful sayings about life
Sometimes we forget what’s really important in life: Friends, health and the many little things we take for granted. Instead squint at the money. But that alone does not make happy. Some sayings help to realize that there are other things in life as well. They remind us of essential parts of our lives and encourage gratitude.
- "Doing what you like is freedom. To like what you do is happiness."
- "Memory is the only paradise from which we can not be expelled." (Jean Paul)
- "Happiness can’t be forced. But it may stubborn people."
- "All good things have something casual and lie like cows in the meadow." (Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche)
- "Wise living doesn’t happen to anyone by accident. One must, as long as one lives, learn how to live." (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- "You can understand life backwards, but you have to live it forwards." (Søren Kierkegaard)
- "Life is building bridges over streams that pass away." (Gottfried Benn)
- "Envy is the highest form of recognition." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "Not the lucky ones are grateful. It is the grateful who are happy." (Francis Bacon)
- "Whoever fights can lose, whoever does not fight has already lost." (Bertolt Brecht)
- "Time does not pass more quickly than it used to, but we run past it more hurriedly." (George Orwell)
Today one knows the price of everything, of nothing the value. (Oscar Wilde)
- "If you are criticized, then you must be doing something right. Because one attacks only the one who has the ball." (Bruce Lee)
- "Every man should sweep at his own door and the world is clean."(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Life is not about having good cards, but also to play well with a bad hand."
- "I love to play the theater. It is so much more real than life." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life"."
- "There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way."(Buddha)
- "How old one has become, one sees by the faces of those whom one knew young."(Heinrich Boll)
- "Don’t stop shining just because it dazzles others."
- "Everybody has stupid thoughts, but the wise man conceals them."(Wilhelm Busch)
- "Happiness consists not in being able to do what you want, but in always wanting what you are doing."(Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy)
- "There are only two days in the year when you can do nothing. One is yesterday, the other tomorrow." (Dalai Lama)
- "Time may heal wounds, but it is a miserable beautician." (Mark Twain)
- "Life is like a dandelion: when the time comes, each must fly for himself alone."
- " It is the moments that count, not the things."
- "He who is satisfied with his own life, looks less at the life of others."
- "What would life be if we didn’t have the courage to take a risk?." (Vincent van Gogh)
- "Even from stones that are put in one’s way, one can build beautiful things."
- "Being smart is half about knowing what you don’t know." (Confucius)
- "There’s nothing more relaxing than accepting what’s coming."(Dalai Lama)
- "We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon." (Konrad Adenauer)
- "When life brings us to our knees, we dance limbo."
- "Happy is the one who dies before he has called the death." (Francis Bacon)
- "The art is to stand up once more than you are knocked down." (Winston Churchill)
- "Health is not everything, but without health everything is nothing."(Arthur Schopenhauer)
Beautiful sayings about love
No poet and thinker who has not thought about love. Even in the dark Middle Ages, minstrels still found words of pining and longing. Unfulfilled love, disappointed love, but also advice on how lovers should treat each other – all this is the content of meaningful, beautiful sayings about love.
And that is good. Because of all things, the person who seems most important, many are at a loss for words. The words want to be chosen especially thoughtfully, they should absolutely fit the partner and the relationship. Beautiful sayings about love are suitable not only for Valentine’s Day or birthday, they can also be used as a wedding saying. The following sayings offer a range of different sayings about love. Depending on whether you want to express your own relationship with a beautiful saying or as a friend to a wedding looking for a suitable saying.
- "Love is only a word, but it carries everything we have". Without them the world would be empty." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Try to get who you love. Otherwise you have to love who you get."(Albert Einstein)
- "You can’t do anything right with the wrong person. With the right person you can do no wrong."
- "Love is when it is fun to be faithful."
- "There is nothing more beautiful than to be loved, loved for its own sake or rather; in spite of itself." (Victor Hugo)
- "Distance separates only bodies, never hearts."
- "Love is the decision to affirm the whole of a person, the details may be as they want to be." (Otto Flake)
- "It is with love as with plants: Who wants to harvest love, must sow love." (Jeremias Gotthelf)
- "In love it is like a jigsaw puzzle: don’t force pieces together that don’t belong together."
- "A love that thinks of the end has never begun." (Alexander Engel)
- "Love conquers all." (Virgil)
- " If love is not crazy, it is not love."
Blessed are the hearts that can bend, for they are never broken. (Albert Camus)
- "Pure love turns the dream of life into truth." (Johann Kaspar Lavater)
- "To the world, you are anyone, but to anyone, you are the world." (Erich Fried)
- "You and I – we are one. I can not hurt you without hurting me." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Love is a fabric that nature has woven and imagination has embroidered." (Voltaire)
- "Sun can not be without light, man can not be without love." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Love and hate are not blind, but they are blinded by the fire that they carry with themselves." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "Love me when I least deserve it, because that’s when I need it the most."
- "To meet love without looking for it is the only way to find it."
- "Love is the spice of life. It can sweeten it, but it can also salt it away." (Confucius)
- "Where there is love, the impossible becomes possible." (Buddha)
- "Age does not protect from love – but love from aging."(Coco Chanel)
- "The sum of our life are the hours in which we loved." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "All that love waits for is opportunity." (Miguel de Cervantes"
- "In life it is said: All beginnings are difficult. In love the end is much harder." (Alexander Engel)
- "Some people don’t find their heart until they lose their head." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "To love is to put our happiness in the happiness of another person." (Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz)
- "Marry an archaeologist. The older you get, the more interesting he finds you." (Agatha Christie)
- "It is not through words, but through actions that true fidelity and true love are shown." (Heinrich von Kleist)
- "Love alone understands the secret of giving to others and becoming rich in the process." (Clemens Brentano)
- "Closeness is not a question of distance. (Hermann Lahm)
Whatever you love, set it free. If it comes back, it’s yours – forever. (Confucius)
- "Love is like a garden – if you do not take care of it, it degenerates." (Arabian wisdom)
- "Meeting you was one of the most beautiful things in my life."
- "Love stops time and lets eternity begin." (Chuck Spezzano)
- "Clothes make the man, but the heart makes the man."
- "Romance lives on magic and beauty. Love also needs honesty and reliability."
- "Where it rains love, no one wishes for an umbrella."
- "Love is only a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning."
- "Jealousy is a passion that seeks with zeal what creates suffering." (Franz Grillparzer)
- "When we truly love someone, we can be exactly the person we really are."
- "Happiness is love, nothing else. He who can love is happy." (Hermann Hesse)
Beautiful sayings about friendship
A popular theme to describe with beautiful sayings is friendship. We tell our best friends far too rarely how much we appreciate them – why not express appreciation with a little saying?
- "Real friends can not be bought, they are a gift."
- "Wherever you are, whatever you do, whether you laugh or cry, whether someone loves you or everyone hates you: You can always count on me!"
- "The best friends are not the ones you see every day, but the ones you have in your heart."
- "A friend is the one who sees your smile, and yet feels that your soul is crying."
- "It’s called friendship because with friends you can do anything."
- "In the end, the only people that count are the people you can tell when asked – Are you okay?? – can answer honestly."
- "Friends are the people who don’t ask for your path, but just walk it with you."
- "A good friend will never let you do stupid things alone!"
- "Real friends don’t always tell you what you want to hear but what you need to hear."
- "A friend is a person who knows the melody of your heart and plays it for you when you have forgotten it." (Albert Einstein)
- "Friendship flows from many sources, the purest from respect." (Daniel Defoe)
- "A little friendship is worth more to me than the admiration of the whole world."(Otto von Bismarck)
- "Really good friends are people who know us very well and still stand by us."(Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "The best way to have a friend is to be one yourself." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "Friendship is just. She alone can tell the full extent of your worth." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Friendship, that’s one soul in two bodies." (Aristotle)
- "Friendship does not have to be perfect. Only genuine."
- "Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget."
- "Do not take him as a friend who is not your equal." (Confucius)
- "Friendship is a door between two people. It can creak sometimes, it jams now and then, but it’s never locked up!" (Buddha)
- "Sympathetic friendship makes happiness more radiant and eases misfortune." (Cicero)
Friendship is like money, easier won than received. (Samuel Butler)
- "The real duty of a friend is to stand by you when you are in the wrong. Everyone is on your side when you are in the right." (Mark Twain)
- "You can recognize a safe friend only in an insecure situation." (Seneca)
- "Friends make good times even better and hard times easier."
- "Strangers become acquaintances, acquaintances become friends and the best friends become family."
- "Some people come into your life late, but it feels like they’ve always been there."
- "Friends you don’t have to look for, they find each other."
- "True friendship is shown when you don’t see each other for a long time, but still everything is like before."
- "You won’t get far in friendship if you’re not willing to forgive small mistakes." (Jean de La Bruyère)
- "A true friend is one who takes your hand but touches your heart."
- "Good friends are easier to recognize when life gets harder."
Nice sayings about family
Whether for the birthday of a close relative, the birth of a new family member, for a wedding or simply without a specific occasion: beautiful sayings please the family and show that we think of them. Moreover, they express that we are interested in cohesion and do not perceive it as a matter of course.
- "Family: where life begins and love never ends."
- "The first thing a person finds in life, the last thing he reaches out for, the most precious thing he owns in life is family."
- "That’s why I love children, because they still see the world and themselves in the beautiful magic mirror of their imagination." (Theodor Storm)
- "Becoming a father is not difficult, being a father, on the other hand, is very difficult." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "The best is the education, which one does not notice." (Andre Malraux)
- "Siblings are never alone. They always carry the other in their heart."
- "We are brothers and sisters. Always remember: If you fall down, I will help you."
- "Change friendships. Lovers also. Siblings stay forever!"
- "A baby is the perfect example of a minority government."
- "One begins to see more and more clearly: Life is only a time of sowing, and the harvest is not here." (Vincent van Gogh)
No child is so good that the mother is not glad when he finally sleeps. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "The secret of happiness is to count the highlights of life instead of birthdays." (Mark Twain)
- "With great joy we have heard that a baby has arrived, the sunshine of all of us. That it healthy and glad gedeie, itself and you of the life gladly, this is to be our congratulations." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "The family is the home of the heart." (Giuseppe Mazzini)
- "All happy families are similar to each other. Unhappy is every family in its own way." (Leo Tolstoy)
- "Families are like caramel – mostly sweet with a few nuts."
- "It is easy to rule over a kingdom, but difficult to rule your own family." (Chinese proverb)
- "The heart of a single mother beats harder than any fist."
- "You learn more from your children than they learn from you." (Friedrich Ruckert)
- "I have found the best way to give advice to your children. It’s finding out what they want and then advising them to do it." (Harry S. Truman]
- "Family is when chaos is fun."
- "Children must have a lot of patience with adults." (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
- "Two things children should get from their parents: Roots and wings." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
The question of copyright
And to be able to say something witty, no one needs to have conquered countries or studied philosophy. Many beautiful sayings are formulated by strangers. Ordinary people write down their thoughts on platforms like Twitter, sometimes becoming famous through sites like Wordporn, Twitterperlen or Made my day. Often particularly beautiful sayings are designed with pictures to so-called "visual statements", in German approximately: optical/visual declarations. This is where the trouble starts: Actual and alleged authors suddenly discover their saying on other pages, without indication of the author.
Is it allowed to? The question is not so easy to answer. For one thing, individuality must be demonstrable – just because something is perceived as funny or beautiful by others, is particularly frequently liked, shared or retweeted, is not proof of it yet. Also the design height is often not given with such short texts – in former times 140, now 280 characters. Although short texts are in principle also worthy of protection. However, the brevity is often taken by courts as an indication of a lack of creative power. Thus the complaint of a Twitterer was rejected, whose saying on commercial postcards found utilization (AZ 4 O 141/16). In this case, the saying was evaluated like an advertising slogan and they do not enjoy copyright protection.
What are beautiful sayings good for?
On the basis of the variety of the above beautiful sayings you can see: Some are like a crisp joke, provide variety, exhilaration. Others are meant to make you think. Beautiful sayings have always been appreciated: What used to be poetry albums and friendship books in school are now taking over virtual bulletin boards.
Yet even the handwritten word still has meaning. We wish a speedy recovery, write birthday cards or Christmas greetings. Even if the occasion is sad, a nice saying in the form of condolences can provide comfort. Or to encourage you to look into your own life.
People therefore like to resort to something that comes from a well-known personality. Not just because some are at a loss for words. Aptly worded aphorisms enhance what someone wants to express. This is also the reason why some use quotes in their applications. But be careful: what is appropriate in a private context may be inappropriate in a professional context.
Then, for example, when what is written has no connection with the company’s values or goals. Simply writing a nice line then misses the point. Especially when you are composing something personal, sayings and quotes help get you started. Like confessing your love to someone without just saying the famous three words.
What other readers have read about this