There are many ways that your Windows 10 system can lead to a BSOD error. One of them is the commonly occurring NETIO.SYS error. In this article, we will take a closer look at this error, its causes, and most importantly, how you can fix it.
What is NETIO.SYS?
The NETIO error.SYS is a BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) error. Various error messages are displayed on a blue screen, causing your system to crash and reboot. Here are some of the messages (also called stop codes) that you may encounter when dealing with a NETIO.SYS errors you may receive:
You can see these error codes at the bottom of the screen when the blue screen error occurs. If you can identify any of them, you’re in the right place to find a solution.
What is a blue screen error?
When a serious error occurs on your system, a blue screen error is displayed. Referred to as the ‘Blue Screen of Death’ by Microsoft Windows users, this is a common problem that immediately stops your system and forces it to reboot. It is undoubtedly an unpredictable error, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything to make sure it doesn’t happen twice for the same reason.
Most bluescreen errors are associated with system-related problems that cause Windows to receive a STOP error that leads to a system crash. This happens without any further warnings, which means that work can be lost and files can occasionally be damaged. Be sure to save frequently!
The old version of Blue Screen of Death from NeoSmart Knowledgebase
In older Windows versions, the BSoD seemed rather unfriendly because there was a lot of text and technical information on the screen. This has been changed in recent versions to a more understandable error screen, so you can more easily see what error you have encountered.
What causes the NETIO error.SYS?
As with almost any blue screen error, there can be many causes for NETIO.Give SYS. We recommend checking all possible solutions and starting with the one you suspect caused your problem. For example, NETIO.SYS most commonly associated with network drivers. If you know yours have been neglected, start with a fix related to your network driver.
Other causes can be as simple as corrupted software or complicated things like a poorly configured system. Regardless of where your problem comes from, you will most likely be able to find the update here.
How to fix NETIO.SYS
As mentioned above, there are many causes for this error, which of course means there can be many possible solutions. On this page you will find all the ways to fix the bluescreen error NETIO.SYS, as well as general troubleshooting tips to make sure it never happens again.
Method 1: Disable your antivirus software
While antivirus apps are a must on every computer, it is possible that they cause the complications that cause NETIO to crash.SYS lead. This is due to conflicts between your system and the software. The most popular offenders are McAfee, Malwarebytes, AVG and Zone Alarm.
If you suspect that your antivirus program has something to do with the bluescreen error, we recommend temporarily disabling it. This can be done by uninstalling the application:
- Open the Start menu by clicking on the Windows icon in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Click the settings from the left side of the popup menu. It is marked with a gear icon.
- You will see a new window with many system options. Click on Apps .
- Stay on the default page and wait for your applications to load. This may take some time depending on the number of applications you have installed on your device.
- Use the Search Function to check for your antivirus app.
- Click on your antivirus app and select Uninstall .
- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart your computer after the uninstallation is complete.
After uninstalling your antivirus application, try to use your computer regularly to see if the error NETIO.SYS occurs again.
One thing to note McAfee Users: if your system has McAfee pre-installed, there may be files left even after uninstalling the app. Search for these files and delete them manually. This could possibly solve your BSOD problems.
Tip : Make sure that enabled Windows Defender while your system is not running a third-party antivirus application. It’s a native malware protection solution that doesn’t interfere with your system, but provides essential protection.
Method 2: Update the network drivers
As mentioned above, a NETIO.SYS bluescreen errors often due to problems with your network adapters and drivers. Network drivers and adapters ensure that your device is connected to the Internet. Therefore, it is important that you keep them in good condition. Without it you would not read this at the moment.
Since you can’t just uninstall a network driver and continue without one, the quickest way to fix this is to give your drivers an update. Here are two ways to automatically update your drivers without having to search the Internet for an installation file. If all else fails, follow the last option, which will update your drivers manually.
Update via Windows Update
In newer versions of Windows 10, the features of Windows Update have been enhanced. Now you can also update your drivers instead of only having the option to update your operating system itself. Let’s take a look at how you can use Windows Update to update your network drivers:
- Click on the Search icon in your system tray next to the Windows. The function is indicated by a magnifying glass.
- Typing Windows Update and click Windows Update settings . This will launch the settings app directly on the desired page.
- Click on the Check for updates button at the top of the page.
- If updates are available, Windows will automatically find and install them for you. If you don’t find any, we recommend following these instructions Device Manager method below and manually attempt a driver update.
Update via Device Manager
The Device Manager is an important part of Windows. You can view and easily manage all connected devices and their drivers. In previous versions of Windows, access via the Switchboard , which has been replaced by ‘Settings’ in Windows 10. However, it has not disappeared.
To access the Control Panel and update your network driver through it:
- Click on the Scan Icon in your taskbar next to the Windows icon. The function is indicated by a magnifying glass.
- Type Control Panel and click on the appropriate result. Alternatively you can type Device Manager and straight to it.
- In the control panel, change your view mode to Large icons . This will display everything without having to navigate through an extra layer of submenus.
- Click on Device Manager to start it in a new window.
- Press the Arrow icon next to Network Adapter to expand it. Right click on your adapter and select Update driver .
- Select Automatically check for updated driver software Follow the on-screen instructions to update your drivers.
- Restart your computer after a successful update and check if the error NETIO.SYS continues to occur.
Neither Windows Update nor Device Manager are perfect, which often results in not being able to find an updated version of your network driver. It is recommended to check the manufacturer’s website for a good measure.
If you own a portable device like a Laptop Go to your manufacturer’s website and search for your computer’s name. Just download and install the recommended network drivers. People with Stck You can also do this by going to the website of your network card manufacturer.
Tip : Make sure to download the driver first and then uninstall the existing driver via the Device Manager (instructions above, just select uninstall instead of updating). If you uninstall your driver first, you may not have access to the Internet to download a new driver.
Method 3: Change your torrent software
Torrent applications remain popular with people looking for a solution to large downloads without the risk of losing progress. However, these apps may cause system crashes due to network threshold configurations with your NETIO.SYS file are in conflict.
If you use BitTorrent As your torrent client, there is a simple solution:
- Launch BitTorrent .
- click on Options Then in the top menu select the Settings . You can also start this by pressing Ctrl + P. Keyboard shortcuts in BitTorrent.
- Press the more icon next to Advanced To expand the category, select Hard disk cache from the list.
- Disable both Enable disk read caching , and Enable caching of hard disk writes .
- Press the OK Press and restart BitTorrent for the changes to take place.
Tip : If you have NETIO.SYS error While running another torrent application, we recommend switching to BitTorrent and following the next steps to ensure that the problem does not reoccur.
Method 4: Run the System File Checker
For regular troubleshooting, you can run the system file checker that comes with Windows itself. It’s a handy little tool that runs a scan on your entire system, looking for all sorts of problems.
Many people report that the System File Checker scan is causing problems related to the blue screen error NETIO.SYS could identify. Here’s how to run the scan on Windows 10:
- Click on the Search icon in your taskbar next to the Windows Icon. The function is indicated by a magnifying glass.
- Typing Command Prompt .
- Right-click on the appropriate result and choose Run as administrator .
- After launching the prompt, type the following line and press Enter:
SFC / Scannow
- The file checker will start scanning your system and notify you of any issues. You can fix these problems by following the on-screen instructions.
Method 5: Undo last changes
It is possible that the NETIO.SYS error on your device caused by recently installed or updated software, settings you changed, or features you just enabled. In this case, the recommended solution is to undo these changes and uninstall current apps.
However, you may not remember the changes you made when a function like System recovery is handy. If you set up recovery points before the bluescreen error occurred, you can return to them and prevent the error from occurring again.
Here’s how to return to a system restore point in Windows 10:
- Click on the Search icon in your taskbar next to the Windows icon. The function is indicated by a magnifying glass.
- Typing Recovery and click on the appropriate result in the control panel.
- Click on the Open System Restore Link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to restore your system to a previous state.
We hope that these tips could help you to get rid of the NETIO.Get rid of SYS bluescreen error in Windows 10. If you have further questions, problems or troubleshooting, please feel free to contact us! Our dedicated Windows 10 section is chock full of useful articles. We fix errors, bugs and provide you with general information about Windows 10.
If you’re looking for a software company you can trust for its integrity and honest business practices, look no further than SoftwareKeep. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner and a BBB accredited company that cares about providing our customers with a reliable and satisfying experience with the software products they need. We will be with you before, during and after all sales.
This is our 360-degree software guarantee. So, what are you waiting for? Call us today at +1 877 315 1713 or email us at [email protected] You can also reach us via live chat.
Using the Excel rounding function
Excel rounding is a function for rounding numbers. This step-by-step guide to rounding a number in Excel is helpful for financial analysts.
Using the Mac OS X Task Manager
In this guide, you will learn how to use macOS Task Manager to understand what processes are affecting your Mac computer. Click here to learn more.